Join California Skateparks as they unveil initial concepts for the Phase II of Lakewood Skatepark. The first round of public input saw over 500 submitted ideas and CA has prepared some conceptual renderings for public input.
Dates and times for this summer's skateboard camps at Lakewood Skatepark.
California Skateparks has been selected as the Design/Build firm to execute the Phase II construction of Lakewood Skatepark. With decades of experience building skateparks across the globe - including the 2020 Tokyo Olympics courses - CA will facilitate public input, design and construction starting with a public input survey collecting ideas and feedback from skaters and residents.
Take the public survey here: https://ow.ly/a7yw50PtWEE
The original skatepark design included a in-ground bowl that was eliminated when the bids for the entire design came well above budget. To move the park ahead, the design was constructed without the bowl to save money and to complete the bowl in a later phase.
Design Goals for Phase 2
- Attract and serve a more diverse set of users
- Extend the operational conditions of the Park
- Decrease or maintain the costs of maintenance
- Improve the overall visual presentation in Lakewood Park
- Sept 2021 - Budget for Design/Engineering created as part of the City Capital Improvement Plan
- Sept 2022 - Engage a Design/Engineering firm to complete design specifics and create construction documents
- Dec 2022 - Final Design and Construction Documents ready for RFP to solicit bids for Construction in 2023-2024
- Fall 2023 - Break Ground for Construction during Fall/Winter season
- Spring 2024 - Grand Opening